Skill and compassion go hand in hand when providing exceptional patient care. As a dental professional, I stay up to date on the latest advancements in dentistry in order to provide the most current treatment options for my patients. As a doctor, I recognize that my patients are unique individuals who have placed a great deal of trust in me and my team. That is just one reason why I value each and every patient relationship.
I appreciate the time you’ve taken to visit this site and find out more about our dental practice in San Marcos TX and the many dental care services we can provide to help you achieve optimum oral health.
Dr. Greg Gilcrease
I am true San Marcos native. I grew up in San Marcos graduating from San Marcos High School. I continued my education in San Marcos attending Southwest Texas State University, now Texas State University, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. I did my dental training in Houston at the University of Texas Dental Branch. This was also the dental school that my father graduated from 22 years earlier.
After receiving my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, I entered private practice with my father here in San Marcos at the practice he started in 1965. By entering practice with my father, I was given the opportunity to utilize his vast experience and knowledge to improve my skills. For 24 years I was able to practice dentistry with my father. Sadly, my father passed away in 2011.
I continue the provide the exceptional patient care that Gilcrease Dental has built its reputation on since its beginning with my father in 1965. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the personal care you deserve.
- University Of Texas Dental Branch- Houston
Doctor of Dental Surgery- 1987
- Texas State University
Bachelor of Science in Biology- 1983
- San Marcos High School
- Honors ans Activities:
- San Marcos High School:
Varsity letterwinner in football, basketball, and track (All-District, football; Regional qualifier, track)
- Member of the band, National Honor Society, student council, choir(All-Region, choir)
- Eagle Scout
- Texas State University:
Football (1979-1981); Lone Star Conference Champions (1980,1981); NCAA National Champions (1981);
- Academic All-America (1980,1981); Academic All-Texas Colleges(1980,1981); Academic All Lone Star Conference (1979,1980,1981)
- Beta Beta Beta Biological National Honor Society
Delta Tau Delta Fraternity (1981-1983) Vice President
Gaillardian Nominee (1982)
1987- Until The Present
- Team dentist for Midland Angels AA Baseball Team (1987-1989)
- Dentist for Texas State University Athletic Department (1999- present)
- Coach for soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball, and basketball for the San Marcos Little League, San Marcos AYSO, Seguin Little League, and Geronimo Youth Sports League
- Member Texas State University Bobcat Club, Touchdown Club, Sixth Man Club
- Member Texas State University T-Association (Athletic Letterwinner Alumni), currently serving on the board of directors
- Member Texas State University Alumni Association, currently serving on the board of directors
- Member Texas Association of Sports Officials, officiate Texas high school football with the Austin Football Officials Chapter
- Member Academy of Gp Orthodontics
- Member American Dental Implant Association
- Member American Dental Association
- Member Texas Dental Association, served as delegate to the TDA House of Delegates 1996-2002
- Member River District Dental Society, President 1999-2000
- Member Navarro ISD Board of Trustees, 2006- present, currently serving as president
- Member Guadalupe Appraisal District Board of Directors, 2010- present, currently serving as chairman
- Voted Best Dentist in Hays County by San Marcos Daily Record readers